Dayton Insurance Brokerage
The Annual Election Period (AEP)for 2013 Part D Plans will begin on October 15, 2012 and end on December 7, 2012.
Medicare in 2012.....
- The last application submitted during the Annual Enrollment Period will become effective on January 1, 2012. For Example, if you submit an application but change your mind, as long as you are still in the enrollment period -you can submit another application with the last one being the effeective one.
- The plan you choose during the enrollment period cannot be changed after the enrollment period ends unless you are entitled a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) or are taking advantage of the new SEP to switch to a Part D Plan which is rated as 5 star by CMS. Beginning in 2012, high-quality MA plans, defined as those that receive 4 or more stars on a 5-star scale based on data currently collected, will receive bonus payments for their performance (Sec. 1102, H.R. 4872).
- Each visit to the hospital with just standard Part A will cost $1,132 (2011) for a hospital stay of 1-60 days?
- If you travel outside US (such as cruises outside territorial waters or foreign countires) you are not covered under origianl Medicare?
- Under Part B you pay $162.00 per yea in 201?. (Note: You pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount for services after you meet the $162.00 deductible.)
- With Standard Medicare you have to pay 20% of the Medicare approved amount for most doctor services,, durable health care equipment, and most preventative services.
- Outpatient Hospital Services require coinsurance or copays.
- Blood - you pay all costs for the first three pints of blood then 20% of the medficare approved amount for additional pints of blood (unless donated to replace what's used).
Extra Help for Medical and Drug *Resource via medicare.gov
For additional information about the Medicare premiums, deductibles, and coinsurance rates for 2009 is available in the September 19, 2008 Fact Sheet titled, "CMS Announces Medicare Premiums, Deductibles for 2011" on the www.cms.gov website.